Nice Tri Club Forum
Please Login if you wish to post a topic or reply

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Nice Tri Club Forum
Please Login if you wish to post a topic or reply
Nice Tri Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footwear in the water

2 posters

Go down

Footwear in the water Empty Footwear in the water

Post  branners Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:34 am

HI - its my first triathlon. I am going to rent a wetsuit and a bike -any good contacts? Also, do you have to wear anything on your feet in the water? Question

branners

Back to top Go down

Footwear in the water Empty Re: Footwear in the water

Post  Jez Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Branners
i looked at renting for my first one but decided to buy instead in the end as it worked out cheaper, there are lots of hire places out there here is one which is one of the cheaper ones out there http://www.triandrun.com/hire/wetsuits.html

There is also a place opened up in huntingdon who do suit hire: link is at bottom of post.

You could buy an entry level wetsuit for £80 as opposed to renting one for £40 - worth paying because if you break the rented one then it would cost you your deposit in the end. I still have my entry level wetsuit 3 years on. Try here for cheap wetsuits http://www.wiggle.co.uk/orca-mens-kaisei-wetsuit/

I also bought my first bike off ebay for £150 new-it did the job! - worth looking at as when it comes to hiring, you would want something to train on surely in the lead up to a race - so hiring could be costly for many weeks. Some companies do a season hire but again with the amount it would cost in the end you are better off buying a cheapo one to start on i reckon.

Re footwear for swimming - flippers would be ideal!! I have a pair of wetsuit type booties for very cold days - Wuss i hear you all yell! most people i have seen dont wear any thing on their feet when the temp picks up.

good luck and happy suit/bike hunting

link to Trisportsplus in huntingdon:

http://www.trisportsplus.co.uk/

Jez

Back to top Go down

Post  branners Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 am

Hey Jez - thanks for all the help and info - there is a team of us entering from work and we are all novices so its the blind leading the blind!

Will def have a look at those links.

You doing to May Sprint?

branners

Back to top Go down

Post  Jez Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 am

Sprint? - no chance! its far too fast for my liking! It would be over before i could get my bike gear on! I am doing the Cowman and the Vitruvian this year.

Jez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down